Apply For

  1. Absentee Ballot

    You can contact the Schenectady County Board of Elections at or call 518.377.2469.

  2. Building Permits

    Apply for building, electrical, or fence permits.

  3. Community Development Block Grant Funding

    The Department of Development oversees Community Development Block Grant Funding.

  4. Dog License

    Learn about animal control's policies; read up on important dog information; apply for the license.

  5. Employment Opportunities

    Locate your perfect job by searching through available employment opportunities.

  6. First Time Homebuyer Program

    This program provides funding assistance for first time home purchasers within the City of Schenectady.

  7. Marriage Certificate

    Apply for a marriage certificate or other license.

  8. Persons with Disabilities Parking Permit

    Apply for a parking permit or license if you are a person with a disability.

  9. Lead Safe Grant

    The City of Schenectady’s Lead Safe Housing Program wants to make your house lead safe. The Lead Safe Housing Program gives qualified homeowners and landlords in the City of Schenectady free financial assistance to reduce and/or eliminate lead paint hazards in their properties,