Notify the SPD Traffic Division at 518.382.5211 or by email.
Notify the Police Department’s Dispatch Center 518. 382.5263
Please contact one of our four intake points.
1) City Hall, Office of Affirmative Action or the Mayor's Office.
2) The Schenectady Chapter of the NAACP.
3) The Schenectady Human Rights Division.
4) The Schenectady Police Department.
You have several options. You can mail the ticket back to the address listed on the ticket. Be sure to follow the directions listed on the ticket. Please do not enclose cash. A money order or personal check will be accepted. You can also pay by phone with a mastercard or visa.
Please call 518.382.5211 then press "0". Please call between the hours of 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Another option is to respond to the Schenectady Police Department's Traffic Division and pay the ticket in person.
You can do this between the hours of 8:00 AM and 3:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
You may also pay a parking ticket on this website on our parking page.
The traffic division is located at 531 Liberty Street. Again, mastercard and visa are accepted.
There are two ways to answer a traffic ticket.
1) You can plea by mail. Be very careful to follow all instructions as indicated on the back of the summons. The court will then contact you by mail with further instructions.
2) Appear in person at Schenectady City Police Court on the date and time indicated on the bottom of the ticket.
** Be advised that it is very important to answer the ticket. Failure to do so can result in the suspension of your driver's license or driving privileges and a warrant may be issued for your arrest.
If so, email the Webmaster.