For Release: Immediate
Date: April 5, 2021
New Drop-Box Installed for City of Schenectady Bureau of Receipts Payments
SCHENECTADY – The City of Schenectady announced there is a new outdoor drop-box at the Franklin Street entrance of Schenectady City Hall for Bureau of Receipts payments. Payments can be made in-person at the drop-box, online, or by mail.
Paying in-person at the drop-box
• Drop-box at Franklin Street entrance for payments by check or money order.
• Please put payment stub and check in an envelope before placing in the drop-box.
• Receipts will be mailed to the address on the payment stub unless indicated otherwise.
• Payments received after business hours will be processed the next business day.
Paying by mail
• Do not send cash.
• Detach stub and mail along with check.
• If requesting a receipt, please mark the appropriate box on the payment coupon.
• If paying without payment coupon, remember to indicate the property address.
• Mail to: City of Schenectady, PO Box 947, Schenectady, New York 12301
• Visit www.cityofschenectady.com and click the “Online Payment” icon in top left corner.
• Choose Citizen Self-Service on the right
• Choose Real Estate on the right
• Enter the street number and street name or parcel number and click search.
• Click on your parcel number and a list of bills will be displayed. The current year will be on the bottom.
For additional information, visit their website at www.cityofschenectady.com/185/Bureau-of-Receipts-Tax-Payments. The City of Schenectady Bureau of Receipts can also be reached by phone at (518) 382-5016.