1.  Can I get a car seat installed at SFD?

Car Seats are no longer installed at this location.  Please call Cornell Cooperative Extension at 518-386-2824 and dial extension 261.


2. Does SFD accept donations?

Since the Schenectady Fire Department is an all career, paid department, we do not and we cannot accept donations.  If you would like to make a donation, please consider the Schenectady Firefighter’s Cancer Foundation.  You can find additional information about this organization on their Facebook page:



3. Can SFD give out fire reports?

The Fire Department can no longer give out fire reports to anyone asking for them.  All requests must go through the Law Department. Please review the document below to see how you can obtain a fire report.  Once you have read the instructions, click the document to bring you directly to the FOIL sign in page.

FOIL Instructions-2020 Opens in new window